Wednesday, November 27, 2013

中華そば みたか Mitaka: say that you love me

Killing time at Mitaka, I found a good and cheap ramen shop.


Located in the basement of a very old building, it's a bit of a hidden gem. The small counter means you can enjoy every bit of the master's movement. And this is a master. I was excited for this bowl.

  
This is what I was craving. Old-school ramen.

Ramen (450yen)

More like Japanese soba than ramen, which means that it's not as salty as typical ramen, and the color of the broth is very mild.

 
Interestingly, not everyone immediately leaves here as soon as they finish their bowls. Some people linger, ordering extra dishes or beer, as if they were relaxing at somebody's house.


The staff is so friendly it's hard not to see why. I'm sure there are lots of local fans.

 
I'm definitely coming back. This is a shop that has captured my heart.

Tokyo, Mitaka City, Kamirenjaku 3-27-9 New Eminence Bldg B1F
Closest stn: Mitaka

Open from 11am-2pm and 5-830pm (closed Mondays and every first/third Sunday)

Lum

No comments:

Post a Comment