Friday, May 9, 2014

ラーメン きら星 Kiraboshi: splinter cell

Japan is now still feeling the remnants of san-kan-shion, which is a saying expressed during the time between winter and spring means that "3 cold days, then 4 warm days." Even in May, we still need jackets, which also means that there are still days where I feel like rushing into a ramen shop to warm my body.


Kiraboshi was my shelter for the day.

This shop is very famous for a rich and sticky tonkotsu. I'm not a big fan of this style, so I was a little anxious beforehand.

Kiraboshi tokusei tonkotsu (880yen - good value!)

The huge chashu covers the bowl like a big pork blanket. Great smell.

The thin and curly noodles are a good match with the broth, but I got tired of eating this midway through. I felt the bowl got gradually more salty and cloying as I ate. I was happy I ordered only a half-portion of noodles, but if you like super rich tonkotsu, you'll probably be a big fan of Kiraboshi.


One final slap to the face: the door to the shop is made from wood, and I got a deep splinter when I was leaving. I don't think I'll have anything to do with this shop.


Tokyo, Musashino City, Kyonancho 3-11-13
Closest stn: Musashi-sakai

Open from 1130am-3pm and 530-9pm

Lum

No comments:

Post a Comment